Program Manager – Tour & Pilgrimage Sales Consultant
Faith Journeys is a company offering unequaled opportunities for highly-motivated, sales-oriented professionals. As a company FJ offers faith-based travel (pilgrimage experiences) to groups of Christians to sites that are deeply-rooted in both biblical and denominational history. We offer itineraries for travel throughout the Holy Land, Italy, Spain, Germany, Portugal, France, Ireland, Scotland, England, Greece and many others destinations. Our Pilgrimage Consultants work with prominent religious leaders who want to take their congregation or faith community to these destinations to strengthen and renew their Christian faith.
Our Tempe office has an in-house opening in our Sales Department for an outstanding, self-motivated, goal-driven Pilgrimage (Sales) Consultant to generate new and maintain existing accounts in the faith-based Travel & Tourism industry. Communication with clients is by telephone, email, Skype, as well as face-to-face meetings, both local and at conventions and conferences. Our team of sales consultants is responsible for maintaining a high level knowledge of pilgrimage sites, developing customer loyalty and increasing sales. This is an opportunity to receive excellent training and be part of a growing and established tour company.
Pilgrimage Consultant responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Generate new accounts by cold-calling and referrals
- Follow-up with leads and maintain a growing pipeline
- Customer service to company clients and maintain/strengthen relationships
- Assist in promotional plans to travel groups
- Maintain and further develop the company social media sites
Hours are 8 am to 5 pm, Monday-Friday. We are a group travel/tour company… not a travel agency. Some travel may be required.
Position starts at an hourly rate + commission (DOE) with benefits.
Some benefits to this position include:
- Opportunities for advancement in a growing company
- International and domestic travel opportunities to become familiar with our faith-based programs
- Medical/Dental Insurance and Profit-sharing Plan
Pilgrimage Consultant qualifications include:
- Self-motivator and personally driven for success
- Outstanding customer service
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Creative and positive attitude
- Exceptional communication skills – on the phone, email, and in person
- Effective time management skills and punctuality
- Ability to work cohesively with other departments within the organization
- Knowledge of and experience within the Christian faith
- Specific denominational knowledge is a plus, but not required
- Previous Sales and Marketing experience is a plus
About the Employer
Faith Journeys is the most trusted name in both Catholic Pilgrimage and Protestant Tour group travel. Our team has over 100 years of combined experience in religious travel, and our passion is delivering inspirational journeys that powerfully enrich your faith through spiritual experiences and the strengthening of your church community.
With offices around the world, we’re able to provide the highest quality product and service for our travelers, offering a variety of competitively-priced packages. Our programs take pilgrims to spiritual and historical sites throughout Europe and the Middle East. They will learn more about the history of our faith by tracing the life of Jesus and the apostles through the Holy Land, attending mass at the Vatican or walking the pilgrim’s way on the El Camino, in Spain.
To Apply: email resume to [email protected] or fax (480) 894-5137